KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE
Great news – we’ve been given the go-ahead to re-start face-to-face meetings, with some changes.
Click here to view our Risk Assessment (Updated: March 2020), and click here to view the Scout Association’s guidelines and levels that we follow.
The Scout Association has now agreed to restart face to face meetings. Although there are no restrictions on maximum group sizes, we will still be following social distancing and handwashing guidelines until a further review. You can view the guidance here. Please note we require your permission (on OSM) for your member to attend during the current restrictions. If permission is not given on OSM, your member will not be able to attend Thursday evenings.
A couple of weeks ago, The Scout Association announced that all groups could now re-start meetings, however this was based on a number of factors:
– Every group has to provide a detailed Risk Assessment, which has to be approved at at various levels, including externally – the Leadership team has been hard at work over the to complete this, which has now been approved.
– There are no more than 15 people (including Leaders) to any group at any time.
So, we’re good to go, for running slightly adapted meetings going forward. Yes!
However, to ensure we keep our members, Leaders, and everyone’s family’s safe, we’ll be doing things slightly different:
– Each week we require advanced notice if your Explorer is attending or not. Details on how to do this will be sent out in the week prior to that activity.
– Evenings will be split into smaller groups with a maximum of 13 Explorers, with 2 Leaders.
– Multiple groups of 15 can run the same activity, but will be separated at all times. This includes drop-off / pick up.
–Equipment will not be shared between groups, unless it has been thoroughly sanitised.
– Unit minibuses will not be used to transport Explorers. Unfortunately we will rely on parents to transport, to keep everyone separate and safe.
– Activities have to be outdoors (ideally) and will be local, to aid parents transporting.
– Any personal kit needed will be ideally brought from your home to minimise contact from equipment.
– All Explorers and Leaders will have to use hand wash upon arrival, every hour, and at departure.
– If your Explorer has a small travel hand-wash bottle, please bring this along to use as well.
– If your Explorer, or anyone in the family has shown any signs of COVID-19 in the 4 weeks prior to the programmed date, please do not attend the Unit and seek further medical advice as deemed appropriate.
– If your Explorer shows any signs of COIVD-19, AFTER attending a Unit programmed activity, please contact a Leader using the details at the bottom of this page.
The way we organise meetings will constantly change, as we find more organised way of running the Thursday nights, and as the guidance we have to follow adapts to reflect the COVID-19 situation.
As ever, we will keep you fully up to date.
See you soon!